Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Transition to Summer to Fall: Sweaters and Maxi Dresses





Summer to Fall: Maxi Dresses




The official start of fall is coming soon. But where I live in NC it seems like it is fall already today.  So I decided to do a post about how to take the maxi dresses that you have for summer and to transition them into your fall wardrobe. 

I own a couple of maxi dresses and was trying to figure out how I can transition them into my fall wardrobe. So I looked on pinterest and lookbook and and found that pictures of women wearing sweaters over their maxi dresses. 

My first pic shows you can take an over sized sweater over a pleated maxi dress and add a belt put it under your rib cage to make it look more polished. 

My second tip is to choose a sweater that coordinates with the maxi that you own. For example, I paired this mustard yellow sweater with a purple maxi which I think is very fall looking. Exchange your sandals for boots or pumps. Wedges look best. 





Autumn Dream



H m top
$33 - hm.com


Charlotte Russe low wedge boots
charlotterusse.com


Deux Lux vintage clutch
neimanmarcus.com


Orange Gingko Leaves Spray 38'' at Joann.com

joann.com





Another tip is that if you a more billowy maxi dress pair with a small bag so a clutch because it does not make you look bigger than what you are. Add accessories that compliment your maxi dress. A hat with a maxi dress and a statement jewelry will make this outfit look more exciting. 

If you do not feel comfortable with an oversize sweater you can also try a crop sweater over the maxi dress. 

So do not put the maxi dress in storage keep it out and add a sweater or cardigan over it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!