Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I have been nominated!

Good afternoon my belles,I was shocked to see that someone left a comment on my About Me post.  It was  who nominated me for the Liebster Award Nomination for newbie bloggers who have under 200 followers. It is a way for them to not only be honored for their posts but to get more exposure. It also helps all of the newbies connect with one another and bond over their blogging journey. So in order to accept the nomination have to give a eleven facts about myself and answer the eleven questions that itsellody (thanks again!) gave me.  I am so honored and flabbergasted!  





Official rules for the Liebster award
  1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
  3. Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
  4. Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
  5. Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!


Eleven  random facts about me!
1. I am from North Carolina, so I am a  true southern belle!
2. I am an NCA&TSU graduate! Aggie Pride!
3. I am 26 years old almost 27 in November, so I am eighties baby.
4. My favorite color is blue and when I was teen my parents actually let me paint my room sky blue and I made fluffy clouds on the ceiling. It made me the most popular kid on the block just for about a few days.
5. I am African American.
6. I am from a very small town that most people have never even heard of before. Most joke that it may not even exist.
7. I am a Christian and have been saved since I was 14 years old. I got saved during revival at my church in October. So I been saved for 12 years.
8. I wear only dresses and skirts. I was often teased about it but I really never allowed it to get to me.
9. I have natural hair and did the big chop about 3 years ago. At first I hated my hair but I grew to love it . I am still rocking a cute but very curly afro.
10. I love going for walks especially now that it is fall and it so cool outside.
11. I love getting up early in the morning but I go to bed before 10 PM. So I am not a night owl but an early bird. My whole family is this why so I have gotten use that sleeping routine.



1. What is your greatest achievement? My internship where I interviewed civil rights activists. It was an honor and privilege to hear their stories and have it recorded so that everyone can enjoy it.  That experience is right up there with being nominated for this award!
2. If you were to be stranded on a desert island what 3 items would you take with you and why? My Bible so I could be encouraged by the passages. I would also bring sunblock so I would not get sun burnt. I would also bring a picture of my family to give me strength to survive and also hope.
3. What is your favourite time of year? Fall because my birthday is in fall and most of my family members are born in November. So fall is the party season in my family. I also love the fall colors, the comfort food, and the cozy fall clothing that I can finally pull out of my closet and wear.
4. Dream job/career? To be an oral historian. I like to interview people and hear their stories. I believe that their are so many voices and stories that should be heard and documented for the next generation to know what occurred during certain time periods. That job would also require me to travel to different places which would be awesome to soak up a different culture or environment.
5. Favourite programme as a child? Sesame Street was my favorite program. I loved all of characters but had a soft spot for Grover because he was blue and very silly acting.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Italy because it was one of the fashion capitals of the world. It also great art and food. I absolutely love Italian food!
7. Do you do any sports/ have any hobbies? One of my hobbies is being on polyvore.  That is where I create my outfit posts at. It is great for bloggers especially newbies because you get to meet great people and be inspired by their work.
8. What is your ideal get away vacation?  My ideal vacation would have to been at a beach or a tropical location. I just love being by the water and hearing the waves. I love how the beach makes you feel so relaxed and calm not in a rush.
9. Favourite fast-food restaurant/takeaway? This is hard because I do not eat out very often, so I guess  it would have to be Chic fil a because of their waffle fries and lemonade.
10. What is the song you are listening to most at the moment?  I am listening to No Gray by Jonathan Mcreynolds. The song is not only beautiful but honest about the struggles that Christians may experience at point in their life. Sometimes we want to be cool and try to fit in with the world but we want to be saved at the same time. There is now way you can do both.
11. Why did you get into blogging? I got into blogging because after being on Polyvore I found that I had a talent for making sets about clothing. So it really started has an hobby or to keep busy when I was not working. I also came to the realization that their were not too many modest bloggers out there who did not make dressing modest a chore for a young women to do. I believe that dressing modest can be beautiful and it does not have to be  complicated or expensive.



My questions

1.How  would you describe your personality?


2.When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

3. What is your  current career/job?

4. What is your favorite  daily activity?

5. Who in your life inspires you the most?

6. What is your favorite store to shop?

 7.Describe your fashion style?

  8. Who is your style icon?


  9. If you could go on vacation right now, where would you go?


   10. How would you describe your blog?

 11. What makes your blog unique?



I would like to nominate:
http://modernmommybyjenifer.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html
http://nowhereblogging.wordpress.com
http://youngetbeautiful.weebly.com/
http://lifealamodeblog.wordpress.com/
http://casynellac.blogspot.com/
http://alifeofacharlotte.wordpress.com/
http://www.prettyisthis.com/

http://www.champagneandmacaroons.blogspot.com/

http://www.classysouthblog.com/

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination :)
    xx Young et beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me. I love your blog
    http://nowhereblogging.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are both welcome and deserving of the honor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these posts, and getting to find out little bits of things about some new bloggers! It really helps you connect to the person behind the blog. I reallly need to get round to doing my award! Great post
    Jessica xo
    JEMBUBBLE

    ReplyDelete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!