Saturday, January 31, 2015

Single, Saved, and Lonely?!

Single, Saved, and Lonely?!




Hi, I am single, saved, and lonely. That is not how I feel but that statement is what most people would believe to be true about single and saved adults. People like me that are saved and unmarried my seem lonely but those who have a relationship with God are not lonely but they may sometimes feel alone. 


I know at times I feel left out when it comes to church. There are more married or engaged saints in church than single ones.  You often may feel alone when others have someone to sit with at church services. You may feel left out when it comes to certain events that they mainly have for families instead of singling. There are some churches to fail to reach out to their single members in hopes that one day they may be married and finally be included into their inner circle. Even in the blogging community there are a lot of programs and posts about being a Christian wife or husband, discussions about how to have a happy marriage, or how to raise kids. But there are rarely posts and linkups about how to deal with being single and saved. 

This is why I starting to have a three part series on Saturdays in behalf of Valentine’s Day. The series will end on February the 14th.  I will write about three topics that I feel singles need to discuss and be encouraged about. I hope that by having this series it would give a chance to feel included in discussions and not feel left out.
Because even though you may feel alone, you are not! There are other people that can relate to how you feel. Also if you have a deep relationship with God even times you feel alone you know that you are not. God is looking out for you and desires you to spend time with Him. Since you are single you have time to have a relationship with God that may not be able to experience when married.

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.


This scripture shows that you should take this time to devote yourself to God. It also shows being single is a ministry in itself. Examples of single people that had successful ministries can be seen in the Bible. Jesus, Paul, and Timothy were all unmarried but had very effective ministries and helped countless people that they deeds are still being told. So a person can be single and have a profound effect on spreading the Gospel.




But for some you may wonder how I can deal with the feeling of loneliness here are a few ways I find are effective:



Make time to everyday to spend with God and telling him your feelings. Seek Him first and allow Him to help you with your struggles. He is the best friend you can have. 




Make friends with other single people and spend time with them. They know how you feel and can give you support


Have time for your family. Babysit that niece, nephew, or godchild and spoil them, then send them back to their parents!


Volunteer and find a ministry you are gifted in. One way to make yourself feel better is helping others!


Take time to take care of yourself by working out, eating right, getting rest, and pampering yourself because you are worth the good treatment!

Smile happy looks good on you Wordart by hilleke DigiScrapDepot.com

          Smile happy looks good on you Wordart by hilleke DigiScrapDepot.com (clipped to polyvore.com

linkup at:

The Single Life Link Party Button
                                                     

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I love the tips you give especially spending time with God. I'm single but I dont let that define me. I enjoy my own company and being apart of what ever God's purpose for my life is at the moment. Being alone with God helps you grow and thats what I always try to remember whenever I do get that feeling of "loneliness". God is always with us so I'm constantly talking to him...maybe to much haha but I know he hears and he understands!

    Jasmine :)
    Color U Bold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I happy you enjoyed the post! I also do not let my singles status define but that fact that I am saved is my status in life. That status is something that will never change!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!