Saturday, February 14, 2015

Single, Saved, and Finding Your Joy!




Untitled #448








Untitled #447



                                                                              heartcluster_2_maryfran.png

Do you think  the statement above is impossible for me to have?! But I do have joy and I am saved and single! That’s probably not what you think about single females. When a person is single sometimes people make it seem that they cannot possibly have any ounce of joy.  There friends and family probably tell them you do not have anything going on in your life because you don't have a man! There are some singles who may feel that because they do not have a husband, fiance, or boyfriend they cannot possibly have joy. This feeling of not having any single drop of joy seems to increase when certain occasions come around like today (Valentine’s Day)! But for me I have joy because I do not allow my single status to be my whole identity.


Sometimes those who are single throw themselves solely into their career and let their job title be their identity instead of a man. Woman who do this only believe their career is capable of giving them joy and peace.  Some focus on their career so much they end up forsaking any time for relationships or friendships. But like some man, jobs come and go.  Salaries occasional decrease because of budget cuts or that promotion you were seeking you do not obtain. When this happens they lose their happiness which they often mistake for joy. To me happiness depends on what is happening in your life. When a person has everything going for them relationship or job they are on top of the world. But when that world crumbles they have nothing to stand on and lose their happiness. 


What gives me joy is not a boo, bae, or sweetie pie or even my job, I get joy from my relationship with God. God never breaks up with me or cheats on me. He also is there even when sometimes I ignore Him or not give Him enough quality time.  He treats me with so much  respect and love that it leaves me in awe. I have joy knowing that He will always be there and provide for me. That is where all singles who are saved should get their joy from!  Do not let what society say what should bring you  joy because what they believe in is fleeting and unstable. Focus your attention on God and let your relationship with Him by your only status that really matters!


Here are some scriptures and truths to mediate and do to find or rekindle your joy!

Think on the goodness of God. What He has brought you through and what He has blessed you with. 

Prayer to God whenever you feel down or sad about what is going on in your life. 

Praise God for what He has done for you rather those blessing that happen in the past or something that currently going on. Even praise God for future victories that you will win. 


Look for joy in the small things that occur in your life. Sometimes the smallest acts of kindness that someone has given me. 



Joy in your eyes puts a smile on my face.



 (clipped to polyvore.com)


Spend time with those you love and be thankful for those who love you.  


 Psalm 118:24

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 4:7

You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.



My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.



Untitled #449



And I would like to say 





happy valentines day card in cream pink and red with love hearts



Linkup at:

The Single Life Link Party Button

blog_button2



caabgiglinkup250x





7 comments:

  1. Lovely cardigan :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, girl. Single and saved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! Single and saved, too :) much love to you, sister x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is nice too me someone else who is single and saved!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!