Wednesday, July 29, 2015

How to Wear Sneakers with Skirts and Dresses




How to wear sneakers with skirts and dresses

Taylor Smith the poster child for sneakers with dresses and skirts!

Wearing sneakers with skirts to some is considered a faux pas and a major don't! I really do not take kindly to people telling me what I can't wear! Especially if I know that I can wear it and not look crazy!


Plus I only wear skirts and dresses.  If I were to follow their rule it would limit my shoe choices.  I think I can wear sneakers with my skirts and dresses.  These are a few looks I like that to me show that it can be done! For those who still think wearing sneakers are just for people that wear pants and shorts please read the following quote.

"Now don't be offended this is just my opinion, ain't nothing that I'm saying law"
 (in the words of  the great India Arie) 

Below are some cool ways to wear sneakers with dresses and skirts for those who desire to try a little something different!




// Atlantic-Pacific


Atlantic Pacific Blogger makes a white lace dress look casual and fun with her white sneakers.



Sea of Blue
I think skater dresses and sneakers are a great combination! 

Sea of Blue by lanaebond featuring a blue outfit

Dorothy Perkins cross dress
$17 - dorothyperkins.com

Dorothy Perkins cotton shirt
$16 - dorothyperkins.com

Keds navy shoes
keds.com

Express purse
express.com



Maria Cristina

Maria Cristina's styling of a grey maxi dress, blazer, and sneakers gives a upgrade to white sneakers. 

Sneakers and Maxi Skirt



February 2015
February 2015 (clipped to polyvore.com)


Sincerely Jules' blog shows that sneakers and skirt are a perfect for a day out running errands or to coffee shop!


Jacquard Skirt and Converse






Sneaker

Slip on sneakers are perfect to incorporate in your closet because they are sleeker than your regular tennis shoes. 



Daisy Sneakers and Dress




Slip on sneakers look great  with a midi skirt.
This is also a great way to wear sneakers in the fall. 


Untitled #732


Summer t shirt
$28 - newlook.com






pastel leather
Gabifresh 
Gabi Fresh pulls together a look of opposites, hard core meets girly gurly.


Linked up at:

The Pleated Poppy

Doused in Pink

Color and Grace

The Budget Babe

Living in Color Style

King Maker blog

featured at: Modest Fashion Network
xoxo













Lanae Bond 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this! School is coming up and I need some inspiration for wearing sneakers with my dresses and skirts. Wearing sandals all day can sometimes be painful!

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried wearing sandals and walking on campus. It did not work for me either and heels are way out of the question for walking long distances! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. These are perfect examples for ideas. Taylor Swift rocks in fashion really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She does have some stylish looks!

      Delete
  3. Lanae < these are all SO great ! It would be perfect for travel in Europe when you want to look classy but also have a super comfy shoe . I shared this on my King Maker facebook and on google+. Thanks for linking up to Wearing with Wisdom !! You are the BEST !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments! Sneakers are a great shoe to travel in. Also thank you for the sharing the post on facebook, google+, and hosting a great linkup. You are great too!

      Delete
  4. I think the skirt and sneakers look is a perfect example of dichotomy!! Besides it's very practical. Love it! jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skirts and sneakers are a great and distinctive combo! I think that is why I love wearing them together so much. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!