Monday, July 27, 2015

Modest Monday: Mix and Match 9 Items

Mix and Match


Sometimes it is hard to put together outfit combinations  of items you either buy or already own.  I often struggle with trying to find multiple ways to wear a few items. So I thought why not do a post about mix and matching different clothing. I found 9 different clothing items that would look great together in different ways. These are just to get you started. You can find accessories to fit your needs. 




My first is outfit combinations features a stripe top. I believe a striped top is a wardrobe essential because it versatile and great for all seasons.  Here are the combinations I have came up with. 


Stripe Shirt Combo





Maxi skirts are great to own as well because you can dress them up and down. 


Maxi Skirt Combo

H M cap sleeve top
$23 - hm.com

H M white lace top
$15 - hm.com

H M v neck shirt
$20 - hm.com

H M chiffon skirt
$12 - hm.com

H&M high heel sandals
$46 - hm.com

H&M ballet flat shoes
$11 - hm.com

H&m shoes
$31 - hm.com






Denim skirts are another favorite skirt I love to wear.  I also love finding different ways to style one of my favorite wardrobe staple. 


Denim Skirt Combo


Tips for Mixing and Matching


Have Base Pieces

Base pieces are classic items or wardrobe staples, such as stripe top. They are the foundation of your outfit. They can come in neutral colors like beige or black but can come in other colors.   You build on these items with accents. 


Have Accents 

Accents are what you build your foundation on. They are items  that compliment your bases.  They can be clothing you layer such as a blazer or vest. They can also be a mix of neutral and other colors. An example of accent can be the burgundy top I featured above!



Have Statements 
Statements add that WOW! factor to your outfit. They are what I call the extras something like adding sprinkles to a cupcake. There not really needed but it does make a outfit look even more special.   When most people think of statements they think of jewelry or purses. But it can be clothing item such a neon top or skirt. Statements allow you to let your personality show in a outfit.  I have left those out of the combinations I made  above because I feel that is something you can add to the looks.



So what combinations do you like?

What statements would you add to one my outfits?

xoxo 




Lanae Bond 

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your tips to mix and match! It is important to have basic items that are super versatile as well as some statement pieces or accessories to add interest to your look!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Statement pieces are sometimes forgotten when we put an outfit together. Sometimes that one piece could make a difference in your look! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is definitely the best way to get the most out of your wardrobe and a skill I have yet to master while packing for trips!Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish
    xo - Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packing for trips can be a real pain! It is hard figuring out what to take! Also you're welcome and thanks for having your linkup!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!