Monday, July 20, 2015

Motivation Monday: Let God Use You!

Let God Use You!
Images made and found on polyvore. 

                                                  Let God Use You! by lanaebond on Polyvore

Being an introvert and a Christian has been a difficult journey! Most Christian I have met so far our extroverts. So sometimes I feel like the odd women out! I often see how extroverts are the ones out in the front lines for the Lord. Sometimes I would wonder, "Where do I fit in?"

 I often feel out of place in church because I do not hoot and holler like some people. My praise is different from others. Sometimes I just cry at the awesome things God has done in my life. But has a young child I often felt that my praise was not good enough.  I would often asked my mother after church if, "I am really saved", because my praise was not like my bubbly older sister. The comments even though will meaning of the older saints about praising God in a loud voice often left me feeling that God was not really present in my life.

 I  have felt as if God could not use me because I was what some say as quiet.  I am person of few words which to some is not a good thing to be in this Christian journey. People often wondered how can she be an usher  and greet people if she does not talk that much.  I ushered for years as a preteen up until I went to college but I still did not feel like I was God of enough because I did not smile as much as they wanted me to. Some peoples' comments, criticism, and often interference into my ushering left me feeling that I was not suited for the position.

When I would be ask to deliver a speech or play in a skit some people wondered could she do the job? I would sometimes wonder that to until I started really getting into God's word and meditating on it. I realized that God can use me  even though I am an introvert. God often used people the underdogs that no really thought was right for the job!



Introverts




The Man Who Could not Talk 

Moses was not what many today will be see has a good leader. According to Exodus 4:10-11 he was not the best public speaker.

 But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but (A)I am slow of speech and of tongue.” 11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? 


Some Bible scholars believed Moses had a stuttering problem but to me it does not matter what problem he had. What matters the most is that God used him even though he was not the best man for job but the right man for the job. Because of his speaking issue God commissioned Aaron to be his mouthpiece but Moses was still the leader and had the finally say. I also learned that God is the one who made him and he knew all about his problem. God knew that Moses could not really talk for whatever reason but He used him probably because he had that problem. God wanted to show not only Moses but the Israelites as well that He was God and He was the one working through Moses.

The Little Shepherd 


David was the smallest and youngest of Jesse's sons.  He was also a shepherd which was one of the lowest jobs to have in that time period. He really did not look like or probably smell like the next King! But he is the boy God told Samuel to anoint with oil. We really do not know what Samuel really thought about this but he may have been surprised.

And Samuel said to Jesse, (B)“Send and get him, for we will not sit down till he comes here.”12 And he sent and brought him in. Now he was (C)ruddy and had beautiful eyes and was handsome. And the Lord said, (D)“Arise, anoint him, for this is he.”


The current king really looked the part Saul was tall and strong but he disobeyed God and his heart started to turn away from God. But David a small boy had a heart after God. That is one of the main reasons God used him. David allowed God to use him. 




1 Samuel 16:7 

For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, (C)but the Lord looks on the heart.  
A strong heart


There are so many unlikely heroes and leaders of the Bible that may puzzle many as to why God would use them.  Even though the world may not understand you, will you push forward and be used by God? Will you allow God to use you, in spite of your personality, flaws, issues, or limitations?  If God is calling you to do something, do it regardless of your limitations or what people may think. Not only would they be amazed but so will you!  

1 Corinthians 1:27New King James Version (NKJV)

27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;


Untitled #706


xoxo 



Lanae Bond 

7 comments:

  1. God is using your voice beautifully through your blog. You are an example to young women. I also love that you champion modesty. This attribute is sorely needed today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for your sweet and kind words! I just finally allowing God to really use me!

      Delete
  2. So true that God often uses those who don't think they have anything to give - so many stories in the bible of that! After all, it's not our own power or strength, but God's! I am very shy and awkward in person, I feel much more comfortable online...and now I've found an online church I can serve at every week, it's been wonderful! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are a lot of stories in the Bible about the weak, unpopular, or even low on the economic level made strong by God. Each one of those stories inspires me to know that God can use someone like me! I also feel more comfortable online. I guess because I get a chance to write out my thoughts and express myself in ways I cannot in talking! Online churches can be good for those who cannot connect to others in person.

      Delete
  3. Yes, God is definitely using your online voice to reach people like myself. So keep up the great work and I feel like people will always have an opinion whether your doing good or bad,but don't let what others say or think deter you from the mission at hand. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! Thank you for the great advice and words to live by!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!