Wednesday, August 12, 2015

How to Wear A Chambray Shirt: 11 Different Looks

Wardrobe Staples: Boho Chic

A chambray can be worn long but add a belt to give you a defined waist.

Contains affiliate links!

River Island blue shirt
riverisland.com


Alice You brown skirt
$37 - houseoffraser.co.uk


Brown ankle boots
$36 - target.com.au



M Co tan belt
$9.34 - mandco.com




Chambray shirts have really been popular the past few months. One reason for the popularity is because they are comfortable to wear. But this wardrobe staple is also versatile. There are so many ways you can wear this button down shirt.  These are just a few ways you can wear your not so basic chambray shirt! 




Denim and nude
You can also tuck your denim shirt on the inside of your skirt!





Chambray Summer Look

Reese shows us that chambray looks great with white denim too! 


H M white skirt
$31 - hm.com



White handbag
$7.77 - newlook.com


Chambray & Gingham
Tanesha's chambray and gingham look would be perfect for work! 


Chambray & Gingham (clipped to polyvore.com)

Chambray and Nautical Stripes

Gingham is not the only print that looks great with  a chambray shirt.



Oasis blue skirt
$54 - oasis-stores.com

Aéropostale ballet flat
aeropostale.com

ALDO bag
aldoshoes.com






Tips on Improving Your Work Wardrobe
Layer your chambray shirt with a cute bold blazer  to add color to your work outfit!


Tips on Improving Your Work Wardrobe (clipped to polyvore.com)
Chambray Street Style



You can also layer your chambray shirt with a leather jacket over your strapless maxi dress for fall!


H M top
$31 - hm.com


Oasis synthetic leather jacket
$48 - oasis-stores.com



Forever 21 chain jewelry
forever21.com







Street Chic: Paris

Street Chic: Paris (clipped to polyvore.com)

chambray shirt and crop top

Layer your chambray shirt with a crop top!

River Island summer top
riverisland.com

Yumi blue sweater
$31 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Topshop skirt
$40 - topshop.com

Dorothy Perkins cowgirl boots
dorothyperkins.com

MANGO crossbody purse
$47 - mango.com









Skirt
Style Pantry blogger shows us that you can wear a bright skirt with your chambray too!


Skirt (see more peplum skirts)
Chambray and Animal Print
Chambray and animal print is another great combo! 

16 comments:

  1. Awesome! I tend to go super casual when I wear a chambray- darker jeans & a tee. But I will definitely have to try out some of these looks!
    -Angela

    bluebyangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the look you describe is one of the chambray looks most people love because it is standard! I am glad that some of the looks I showed inspired you to try something different! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love all of these looks you found featuring chambray! I just purchased a soft, chambray shirt and I can't wait to dress it up a little bit like the styles shown here.

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you post the look you create on your blog because I will love to see what you put together!

      Delete
  3. Ahh this gives me so many ideas, thank you for the tips. I never thought to pair chambray with a pencil skirt or patterned maxi skirt. Thanks for the inspiration. I would love to invite you to my weekly link up called "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me." Every Tuesday I feature my favorite 5 links from the previous week. If you are interested the link up is just below.
    Rachel xo
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me is now LIVE here
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e welcome! I thought of some ideas myself that would look great with a chambray shirt because I wanted something different. But when I looked for inspiration online I found a ton more ideas, so many that I could not include them all on the post! Thanks for commenting and the link up invite!

      Delete
  4. I love all these looks with a chambray shirt. There's something about a denim shirt that makes it go with everything! I especially love the outfit with the yellow blazer and the one with the green skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that is why I love a denim shirt because it is so versatile! I love those two look too because it has a pop of color which upgrades the denim look! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Its amazing how many ways you can style a chambray shirt! Love all of these pics, especially the chambray shirt + long midi skirt combos!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! There were so many ways to wear a chambray shirt that I could not post it all! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Love all the fashion inspiration. Fall is my favorite time of year for fashions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fall is my favorite too because I love the colors for fall like marsala. I also love the great fashion pieces like sweaters, boots, and coats.

      Delete
  7. Love all of these looks, especially the first one. I will have to try to pull it off!

    Do you have Bloglovin'?! Let's follow each other?

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad chambray shirts are back in style -- they are so comfortable, and so versatile (as you have shown! :) ). Great examples! #create&share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad too because chambray shirts can be dressed up and worn all year round! You're welcome and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!