Monday, September 7, 2015

Modest Monday: How to Transition Your Summer Skirts!

How To Wear Pastels in the Fall
Pastels are considered a spring/summer look but they can be worn in fall especially if you pair it with more neutral colors like beige! 


Long sleeve summer top
$15 - newlook.com


Jane Norman pastel skirt
$18 - janenorman.co.uk


Charlotte Russe buckle booties
charlotterusse.com


Nina purse
amazon.com


H M bracelet wrist watch
$23 - hm.com





Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone is enjoying their  labor day vacation! Since it is labor day many of you may be sad that summer is almost ending. I mean we have about fifteen more days before fall starts! Pretty soon the temperatures will drop and we all be wearing sweaters and boots! But you do not have to worry about putting your favorite summer skirts away just because fall is coming! Below I have found ways to wear to your favorite summer skirts for fall!







Wear Now, Wear Later
Layer, Layer, Layer! If you want to wear your summer skirts just layer your tops with a fall jacket and add fall accessories. 


Skirt
Even though people claim that you can't wear white after today, you can wear white! Just summer pair your favorite white skirt with a cute sweater or sweatshirt. 





6 Beyond-Chic Transitional Outfit Ideas to Take You From Summer to...
Pleated Skirts are commonly worn in spring and summer because of the breezy material. That does not mean you can't wear a pleated skirt in fall.
Try adding tights  to keep your legs warm. 




MFW Fall 2014 street style: 10 most polished outfits
Lace skirts are not just great for summer but perfect for fall!






16 comments:

  1. I love to keep bare legs going for as long as possible, so layering up on top is essential for me!


    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I try to delay wearing tights and leggings as long as possible until it gets very cold!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this post! I want to get more skirts because I literally have none, ok well lies but I need more haha! This gives me motivation and style inspo for fall outfits and skirts I already have, love it!

    Jasmine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes it feels like I do not have enough clothing until I really look in my closet and dressers!lol

      Delete
  3. Every outfit and suggestion in this post is spot on, Lanae. My last outfit is my favorite, largely because I own a similar outfit and I love chunky knits with flowy skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that look too! I am glad I saved the best for last!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE these ideas!! Skirt with a sweater!! hmmmm! And I love the layered look!! Thanks! Thanks so much for linking up with us! Hope to see you next week! XO ~ Casey @ A Little Bit of Cheer
    www,alittlebitofcheer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you will see me next week because I love linking up to your blog hop!

      Delete
  5. I love these looks. My favorites are the pastel skirt, the stripe skirt with camo and the maxi skirt!! I've been starting to wear my booties and my floppy felt hat with everything to give a more Fall look. Great round up!
    Thanks for linking up with us.
    Betsy
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy! I have not started wearing my booties yet but I can't wait because I absolutely love them! And you're welcome! It is a pleasure to join your blog hop!

      Delete
  6. thanks for these tips! so excited for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e welcome! I am really excited for fall too!

      Delete
  7. These are amazing! Thank you for the lovely inspiration as I am sure I will follow some of these.
    Thanks for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired me link up is now Live, hope you can join in
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glad you liked my picks! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Great post! I like to add my leather jacket and trench coats to my summer skirts too. ;)

    Take care and keep in touch!
    Please stop by every Wednesday for Color and Grace Fashion link up! :)

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com 

    ReplyDelete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!