Sunday, October 18, 2015

Modest Monday: How to Layer for Fall!


Fall layers Sweater and Button Up top



If you are living on the east Coast of the United States you are probably getting some cold weather! In North Carolina the high for most places is in the 50s! So it is time to start thinking about how to keep warm in when the temperatures start falling.

Layering is one key way to keep yourself warm and toasty in the fall and winter months. There are a variety of ways to layering but here are Eight different looks to help you learn how to layer!



Vests 



Vests are a great way to layer over your dress or shirt. There are a variety of vests that you can put over clothing. These two vests shown below are my favorite vests for this season. 


1970s Chic
Wearing a Faux Fur Vests had a 1970s feel to your look!









Fall Layers

A puffer vest is a great option if you want to go for a more preppier look!




pull on boots

nordstromrack.com





Shirts under Dresses

Layer a shirt over short sleeve or even a sleeveless dress helps you to transition your favorite summer dresses into the fall!



Mixer
Do you have a sleeveless dress that you want to wear? 
Try adding a long sleeve button up blouse under neath your dress.





Chambray shirts are  perfect for layering. 

A thin chambray shirt would look perfect on your other wardrobe staple, a stripe dress!

crossbody handbag




Layering coats 


Try a thin jacket or blazer and layer it over another jacket. 
This not only gives you added warmth but provides texture to your look.


layering coats

Tips

Try layering thin items, so you would not have bulky look.

Choose items to compliment one another, because balance is the key.

Try a bold color with a solid item.

Or dark colors with prints. 



16 comments:

  1. Great options! I totally have some of these pinned!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I really love the vest with long dress combo.
    ake care and keep in touch! Please stop by every Wednesday for Color and Grace Fashion link up! :)

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's my favorite look too! I will stop by and linkup!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving all of this inspiration! Those vests are so cute styled with the skirts!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the two vest looks myself!

      Delete
  4. I love all of these layered looks! I like to layer items so that I don't feel too bulky. Great round up. Thanks for linking up with us.
    Betsy
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too and that is something that will come in handy to get us through fall and winter! Thanks for hosting your blog linkup!

      Delete
  5. These are some great inspiration boards! Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish
    - Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I always glad to linkup with you and Michelle!

      Delete
  6. These are such great outfit ideas! I want to try them all!

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad you like the looks!

      Delete
  7. One of the best things about fall is layering! Loved your picks, and especially your take on layers.

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree layering is a great part of fall!

      Delete
  8. I am definitely in love with these layering tricks. I was especially inspired by the layering a dress look.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the layering dress looks too! I cannot wait to try layering my dresses once it the temperatures drop again in NC!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!