Monday, January 11, 2016

How to Layer a Dress with a Shirt!

Cold Weather Hack: Layering a Dress

Blaire Eadie shows us that a strapless dress can be worn in winter if it is layered with a button up blouse!

I wear dresses even in the dead of winter! Yeah, you heard me right! Those who wear dresses all year round like me have heard this a million times. You probably wonder how women survive wearing dresses when it is cold outside?


 I have learned a lot of cold weather hacks that keep me warm while wearing a dress. One which seem to be very popular now, which is strange to me when I have been dressing that forever! I actually featured tips and inspiration on how to layer a dress for winter but I never really focused on to do this "new" trend! So hold on to your winter hats this is how I wear dresses in cold temperatures.



Layering a dress


Now this is pretty much a no brainer here to layer a shirt under  a pinafore dress but I just love this and had to feature it! I think they look good with not only a turtle neck but also a button up blouse.









How to layer a Denim Dress
Denim dresses are so comfortable and for me it is hard to give up wearing them even in the winter 
time!Layering a long sleeve shirt or quarter length shirt under your dress will allow you to keep wearing your denim dress even when it is cold!  

Try a crew neck sweater or shirt if you have a button up denim dress like the one above! 


How to layer a stripe dress

A crew neck stripe dress looks perfect with a round neck sweater or shirt. 
But a button up shirt or long sleeve polo would also pair well with a dress like this one. 


How to layer a V Neck Dress

The only way I would wear a deep v neck dress like this one especially in the winter it would have to layered with a shirt.
A turtle neck would look best with a v neck dress!







More Tips: A shirt looks best if it frames the neckline of your dress!

8 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! Love the black with stripes the most, but they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it is nice hearing from you!

      Delete
  2. I love layering dresses! It totally doubles your wardrobe.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does help you create more looks! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Layering pieces is also a great way to get more wear out of your summer clothes!
    Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
    - Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layering does allow you to wear you favorite summer clothing which is something I try often! Thanks for stopping by Ana!

      Delete
  4. I have done this with a brocade dress I had that was strapless, wearing a jeweled colar top underneath. Love the dress!
    jess xx
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried layering a shirt with a strapless but now I am think I am sold on trying it! And thank you for hosting your linkup.

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!