Friday, August 26, 2016

How to Shop in Small Town!

Even if you don't live in a small town these are times to keep in mind! 


When I came back to my home town one of things I had to get reacquainted with was the lack of fashion stores. What I mean by that is there are about five fashion stores in the whole county! This was quite different from when I was in college (NCA&T). I lived just down the street from the mall and there were stores all over the place of Greensboro and surrounding areas! I could pick any store I wanted to shop in!




But now I don't have that luxury! I have found ways to stay stylish in a small town and not having to break my bank account.
These are just a few tips on shopping in a rural town.

I few of the cute items (Candies Flats and skirt from Pebbles)  I brought since I been back in my home town.




Go local




Try some of the local stores and see what they have. I sometimes go to the local Pebbles store and buy some name brand items. Other times I try the local shops and find great deals. This not only helps me to find fashionable item but gives back to the local commerce.

Buy Vintage or Thrift Stores


When I got my internship I needed to find more office friendly items ( a hoodie just would not do!). My mom and sister decided to go to a thrift and they found some cute items for me to wear for at my first real grown up job. A lot of these items I still wear and get a lot of  compliments from others on. They would be so surprised were I got it from because people really look down on buying thrift!  So don't think you can't find anything at a vintage shop but you can!



Buy out of Town



I mostly get the bulk of my clothing out of town.  Other towns have a variety of stores and does stores include more stylish modest fashion. The stores in town they tend to be not as modest, which is something I hear from a lot of people from church reflect on. So when I usually buy more when I go out of town just so I would not have to worry about making another trip or miss on something I really like!


So on Thursday I went to Cato's Fashion Store to find a denim skirt!
Which I knew would be easy especially since fall is almost here.



I only found one but I love how it is a pencil skirt!
The braided detail on the pockets also had me sold on getting it.




I also got yet another pink top!













Outfit Details:
Cato's Pink Blouse $8.00 (similar)
Cato's Fashion Braided Trim Denim Skirt  (similar) (similar)
Bow Flats from Belks Similar









Buy Online

A preview of the post they will be up on Monday!

I brought this dress online.




I sometimes buy my clothing online especially when there is a sale or a get a discount code through the email. The thing about buying online is that it can be tricky but if you get the something you love it is worth the risk. One way to help you buy online is to always check the sizes to see if an item runs too small or to big. That is how I figure out the right size to get this dress. I realized it ran a little big so I went down a size.


And speaking of shopping online here are a few stores having sales!

Sales

Forever 21  Labor Day Deals starting at $5!

Macy's  Super Weekend Sale

JCPenney  Back to School Sale Online and In-store Ends 8/28

Asos  Final Clearance Extra 10% off the up to 70% off sale, Code: MOREPLEASE
Zara  Online and In-store












If you live in a small town how do you shop?

14 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I totally understand what it's like shopping in a small town! I have definitely found some quirky shops to frequent though where I can find clothes that are not mainstream. Sometimes they're a bit pricey though so I'm glad for the resale shops!

    Julia
    www.whenthegirlsrule.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know one store I went to was so expensive and it was a consignment shop! I was like I am not spending $300 on a dress someone else worn! But one other store has some beautiful items that were very budget friendly.

      Delete
  2. Ah, I love Cato Fashions! I often go to my local Cato to find fun and interesting pieces. I don't think I have ever left that store without buying something!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me On the Edge of the Week! I hope to see you again next week. Have a marvelous weekend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling I have to control myself sometimes! lol Your'e welcome and I will linkup next time too! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for linking up on Fancy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  4. I do most of my shopping online but mostly at stores that offer free return shipping. I've found some great pieces in vintage resale shops! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good reason to shop at some stores!

      Delete
  5. I don't live in a small town, but I still do half of my shopping online. These are great tips, and I bet you find some fun pieces that not everyone has shopping in a small town!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do shop online a deal more than most. Yes,I do find some fun and cute pieces that are not like everybody else! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  6. I love thrift stores! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift stores offer some unique and pretty items which is why I can't wait to go back! Thanks for hosting Fun Fashion Friday linkup!

      Delete
  7. Hi Lanae, I am a Jeans fan😉
    Nice collection

    ReplyDelete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!