Friday, September 9, 2016

Shopping Tips: How to Save Money








This past week I took advantage of the Labor Day and various End of Summer Sales. I did most of my shopping online this time and I was able to get some good deals. So today I decided to give you a few tips on what I did to score some of these deals. I also included more tips to help you score a few deals of your own!


Free Shipping

I shop online quite a few times this past week. Even though I often shop online  it can be frustrating at times.  I figured out a few ways to make it easier especially when it comes to scoring a deal.  One tip I recommend is taking advantage of free shipping. I usually find out if a store is having free shipping by signing up for email notification.  Sometimes I even score free shipping just by signing up for these emails. When I get a notification or a free shipping code I make sure I shop online at those stores and doing that particular offer. 

Also some stores offer free shipping for store pick items.  For a list of stores that offer store pick ups check out this link and for stores that offer free store pick this link.




Use Shop Style or Shop Style Collective 

Since I joined Shop Style I also get notices on online sales. I also use Shop Style Collective to price compare. Sometimes I see the same item that is cheaper at another store. The site also allows me to get sale notifications too! 

Follow Your Favorite Stores on Social Media


Email notifications are good but don't just stop there! Follow your favorite stores on their social media pages. This allows you know about giveaways, contests, samples, and coupons that may not be advertised any where else. 




Cash Back

Ebates allows you to get cash back for signing up with them. Ebates gives up to 30% cash back if you shop with Sephora, Macy's, Nine West, and many more. You get a check four times a year. Also look up their coupons week they update weekly. 


Shop on Tuesday! 

Tuesday is when most stores mark down their prices to start off the new sale week or bring in new items. It is best to go just before they are closing the store because that is when they will be marking down items. The official sale does not start to Wednesday but shopping late Tuesday allows you to get all of the good stuff before anyone else! 


How do save money when shopping? 



Linked with: 







Shop

8 comments:

  1. Great tips! I love the one about Tuesday! Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is one of my favorite tips too! You're welcome.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Great shopping tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for hosting your link up!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Tinaspinkfriday. Great tips. I use some of them too .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for hosting! Thank you. I love using these tips too because it saves money!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous tips for saving money. I didn't know about Tuesdays being the most popular day for mark-downs (I thought it was thursday or friday). Thanks for adding your post to my Fine-Whatever link up.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought that too until I started looking at how stores did things plus doing a little research on it. Senior discounts also take place on either Tuesday or Wednesday too which was another clincher that discounts happen on Tuesday!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!