Friday, December 2, 2016

My Fave Christmas Movies


Classic Holiday Collection, Vol. 2: 4 Film Favorites [4 Discs] : Target






One of my favorite things to do in the month of December and sometimes earlier is to watch Christmas Movies. Like most people I love the classic movies especially ones that don't get as much attention as they deserve. I mean there are a lot of Christmas movies out there but only a few get mentioned and sometimes shown each year. So here are just a few movies that I love watching for Christmas.






Christmas in Connecticut : Target


Christmas in Connecticut : 

This movie is about a woman who is supposed home  guru (think of Martha Stewart) but can't even boil water. Which gets her in a jam because now she has to fake being this self proclaimed  lifestyle wonder woman for a soldier and her boss. It is a sticky situation which would probably never happen in real life but it is still a warm heart comedy that you can watch with your family.



Holiday Affair


Holiday Affair 


A single mom finds herself with two leading men! One is her stick in the mud boyfriend the other is a fascinating stranger. And of course all while dealing with her young son who  is not making the situation easier! It is also a family film and not so swappy compared to most holiday films.







Tenth Avenue Angel : Target


Tenth Avenue Angel

If you are not the one for tears and sentimentality than this film is not for you! It is about a young girl who parents are poor and struggling but don't tell her all of their troubles.  Which causes the girl to get in trouble for believing the wild things they tell her.





A lawyer takes in a pick pocket for the holidays! I love this film because it mixes drama with comedy. I also know that Barbara Stanwyck was a great actress especially when she played an criminal! lol












I think if you were a little girl growing up in the 90s you are probably familiar with this very wise little girl! She and her  guardian  are homeless and met a beautiful wealthy woman.They end up changing her life just as much as she changed theirs.  This is necessarily a Christmas movie but it is set around the holidays.




The Shirley Temple Collection: Heidi, Vol. 1 (Colorized) (dvd_video) : Target


Shirley Temple Heidi


I just finished watching this movie and I felt it would be perfect for Christmas. I mean  you have snow, horse drawn carriages, and family fun. But there is also drama in this film especially when Heidi is separated from her grandfather.





A Christmas Carol (Blu-ray Disc) - 16438166 - Overstock.com Shopping - Big Discounts on General Children's Movies

A Christmas Carol




 I think this is my favorite version of the film because the actor really embodied the coldness and greediness of Scrooge. This movie however is not the same as the Dickens novel because it leaves some of the more harsh parts of the film out. But it is still a great portrayal!


So what are you favorite Christmas movies?


Linked with:


The Closet By Christie
Lizzie in Lace
Middle of Somewhere
Two Thirty Five Designs
Tina's Pink Friday
A Pocketful of Polkadots
Fashion Should be Fun
Stylin in St. Louis
Doused in Pink
Elegantly Dressed and Stylish
Nancy Fashion Style
Jolynne Shane

6 comments:

  1. I love watching Christmas movies around this time (well I started in November lol)
    Haven't watched holiday affair... I'll have to give it a go!

    xo
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing with my favorite movies!I think you will love the movie!

      Delete
  2. I love a Christmas Carol and Curly Sue, but I haven't see the rest of them. I may have to check them out. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check them out I am sure you will found one that will become your holiday favorite.

      Delete
  3. I love vintage movies, so thank you for bringing up some other classics that were not on my radar. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday! Also, I am currently looking for co-hosts, so I hope you will consider the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! And thanks for hosting. I am interested in co hosting.

    ReplyDelete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!