Sunday, January 15, 2017

When In Doubt, Wear Red!





Red Quarter Length Top Similar
Catos Fashion Black and White Skirt Similar  Similar 
Nine West Shoes (Similar







It is amazing how sometimes it seems hard to find something to wear. Even if you have full closet it seems even harder put together a look (which is why I am still getting rid of my old clothes). So on Sunday I had a hard time trying to figure out what to wear. 


I always seem to gravitate to black and white for formal occasions. There was a time one summer all I bought was black and white dresses, tops, and skirts. If you have been following this blog for awhile you know I have a quite a few black and white pieces. I mean just a few weeks ago I wore a black and white dress with a bow!  I do dearly love my black and white items but sometimes it gets boring wearing the same color combo.  Don't get me wrong  black and white is a classic color duo but I wanted something new and more exciting. 




When I started digging in my closet I found a red top. I don't often wear red  except for holidays (Namely Christmas or Valentine's Day) but I decided why not wear it today.  I also thought it would look great with this black and white skirt. 

BaubleBar Snowfall Pendant 



Red is a bold shade that grabs your attention which is one of the main reasons why  I chose to wear it. I wanted to make and statement and I think I did!  Red also looks excellent with neutral colors. 
But there was one time when wearing red and black together was considered an faux pas. I am so glad that people have finally wised up to the powers of combining red, black, and white together. 






Do you wear red, black, and white together?



Linked:

16 comments:

  1. I like this thinking!! No sense trying to blend into the background!! Wear a fabulous color and stand out!!
    This looks marvelous!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad to get out of the box of conformity when it comes to my color choices!

      Delete
  2. I think you chose well from your closet! thanks for linking up, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It feels good to utilize the items I have in my closet by mixing and matching!

      Delete
  3. Love this. So going to be wearing red tomorrow
    XO's
    Amy from blogmoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you looked fab in your red look! Thanks for stopping by Amy.

      Delete
  4. Very nice looking outfit! You look very put together. Definitely making a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red is such a great color!

    Thank you so much for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    Bows & Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an excellent color and confident booster!

      Delete
  6. Red, black, and white is a classic color combo that always seems to make for a stand out look. Your outfit is lovely and thank you for sharing it with my Fine-Whatever link up.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena for stopping by and hosting!

      Delete
  7. I think that black, red and white is great combo. It is classy and not boring at all. Thank you for linking up with My Red Carpet.

    Anna xoxo
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same philosophy about lipstick. When id doubt, red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great philosphy to have in life!

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!