Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Being Secure: Single and Saved






I had a good Valentine's Day! Over teen years I ago I would not be able to say that if a straight face. I mean I had my good memories but some were downright awful.I have been single all of my life and I only say that Valentine's has a day for couple. I felt it was not for the chronic single like me to even bother celebrating! It was not odd that I believed that with how years ago the holiday was packaged as a day for those in a relationship.

I tried that whole celebrate with friends and family thing. It was nice when I was elementary school but in highschool it was juvenile and really lame. I mean I was a teen growing up in a time it was normal for children (and I mean children) dating! If did not have a boyfriend you were considered an outcast. I  never really cared for Valentine's day once I got into my teens because of the whole coupling thing.





 I remember this one time during my senior year in high school no sent me a candy gram. I sent some to "so called" friends but I did not get one from them. I remember being teased  for days about the fact because I brought candy grams but did not receive any back! That was one of those humiliating that took me years to embrace this holiday!




In college there were other single female who I could bond with  that we were single and saved! It was completely different because we were all in the same boat. No one was shading anybody about their status. It was refreshing to be around people who were secure in themselves and in God.


Yes, there are times when it does get on my nerves that I am single but I finally realize that relationship with God is more valuable than anything! So instead of seeking a Godly relationship , I am seeking a relationship with God. This helps me to take my mind off the fact I don't have a ring on left hand finger but focus on serving God.

I am now more secure in the fact that I am single because I have my attention turned to God instead of seeking Mr. Right. So I am seeking God to know what His will is for my lif. I am also seeking Him to make me better. I want to be a better friend, sister, daughter, and person. And only God can make me better!

So to all those who are single today take heart in the fact your status is a blessing from God. Let Him complete you and shape you into a better you! And spread that love that God showed you to your family and friends. Let them know that God is love and if you got Him no Valentine's Day or any day would be would be incomplete!

Linked with: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!