Sunday, February 26, 2017

Investing in Good Wardrobe Staples



Outfit Details 
Old Elle Lace Print Cardigan 
Old Mock Turtleneck (Similar) 


I read a blog where a person said that they felt bad about posting clothing that they could not link up! 
I know I feel the same way because a lot of the items I have are old. Like this Elle Sweater that I am wearing. I had this sweater for over four years! I am glad I brought this sweater because it was worth it. 



Tip 2: Pick items that are made well or made of good quality material. 






Sometimes I buy fashion that does not last really long. Somethings get holes and snags in it that I have to keep fixing it. But this sweater was not like that. No snags or tears after all of this washing and wearing. That is why it will probably remain in my closet for a long time. 
It will also remain a staple of mine because it is comfortable. And comfort is another great reason to buy an item. 

Tip 3: Buy fashion that you can actually wear! 

Pieces that look good on you and go with what you already own. 



  
This bracelet looks great with a lot of other jewelry pieces I already own. Especially some bangles I bought last year, which I discovered actually look great layered together.

 Tip 4: There are sometimes you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a great wardrobe staple. 



Even though my sweater did not cost much it still lasted a long time.
And so has this pretty ring I brought over a decade ago!



Tip 5: An invest should be something you love to wear! 


My old cocktail ring I had for years!
I love wearing this ring and I wear it often. Sometimes more than the rings that cost more. 




Tip 6: Pick something that is classic. 

When I went shopping online during the President's Day Sale I knew I wanted to buy a classic item. 
Something I could wear for  years in that it will style be in style. That is why I choose to buy these flats.  I know they will look good with my other items too! And I hope that these shoes will remain a staple for a little while. 





                                                          H&M BALLET FLATS $9.99 
 I am wearing 9 1/2 M

And I actually like the fit of these flats. 
There not too small or too big.
But I do have to get use to the fact they are pointed toe flats. 
But after a few times wearing it I think I will get use to it. 











What good staples do you have in your closet?
Leave a list of favorite staples in the comment section! 





Linked with:


16 comments:

  1. Love classic items that never go out-of-style! I feel bad linking up old things/sold out items but there'a always similar enough items out there! Thanks for sharing with us at On Mondays We Link-Up :)

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, I do the same thing when the item is sold out! Thanks for hosting I am enjoying seeing both of your looks each week!

      Delete
  2. Great tips, and I love those new pink plats! Thanks for linking, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a good idea to invest in staples! :)

    Caitlin, Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is especially if the items are well made!

      Delete
  4. It always feels so good to get a lot of use out of the things we buy!
    I absolutely love these shoes! I think the color will be so versatile!!
    Lately I've been wearing my black & white striped shirt over and over!! It seems to go with everything!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does it make it even better to know that what you buy was worth it. Thank you! I am enjoying wearing those shoes especially since I have a lot of pink fashion.

      Delete
  5. great wardrobe staples! i need a pair of flats and classic pair of denim in my wardrobe :) xo, sharon

    http://www.stylelullaby.com/lifestyle/going-places-moshi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, those are my two favorite things to have in my closet. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I have always love wearing flats! I think you can use them with any type of wearing , dress, jeans, skirts etc, so great love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Anne! Yes, I can't wait to wear these flats other ways to!

      Delete
  7. It's interesting how we sometimes wear items, like your cocktail ring, that may cost less than others we own. I see that happen too often in my closet and it totally makes me reconsider everything in it !
    I think the pink flats were a great addition to your closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to think about and I think sometimes I need to put my money on something else like shoes! lol Those pink flats do look good with a lot of items I already have.

      Delete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!