Wednesday, March 15, 2017

How to wear ruffles



How to Wear Ruffles

Olivia Palermo for Holt Renfrew 


It was feeling like spring in NC  for a while but since this week it has been feeling like winter. Now the high is in the 50s and on Sunday it actually snowed. The snow did not stay for long but it snowed nonetheless!  I was really enjoying the warm weather because it gave me a chance to wear spring fashion early!

When I found out about the spring fashion that was trending for this year, I has excited to try some of them. But there was a few I did not know about. Ruffles was one! I did not think it was appropriate for my age or my size.

I thought that I would look too childish which  is something I am not going for at all. The reason I felt that way was because of childhood memories. The last time I wore a lot of ruffles I was still wearing pigtails and I did not like it then.  I was not looking forward to the idea of wearing ruffles now that I am an adult.

 I also felt that this trend looked very Victorian and not something people would wear now!
I also did not think it was right for my body type which is plus size. I really did not want to wear something that throw attention to certain parts of my body.


So I did not know how I would look in  ruffles. But I saw  a lot of fashion bloggers pulling of this look with class and not looking one bit outdated. Some looks were romantic and almost fairytale like but with a modern twist. Others looks were casual yet playful. I even saw plus size bloggers pulling it off very well I might add. So I gathered up a few tips that I discovered while looking at other fashion bloggers and media outlets that I am sharing with you today.
These are just a  few tips on how to wear ruffles.  Tips ranging from how to more than one look and how to choose the right ruffle looks for your body.

1. How to achieve the romantic look!



Romantic Ruffles


Outfit Details 



Try a pretty ruffle dress with a crop tie blouse! 
If you want to go for the romantic look but make it practical for a everyday look add a structure blouse or jacket with your ruffled dress.





2. How to wear a Ruffled Sleeve Top 


Ruffled Top

Outfit Details 
Women's J.crew Woven Ruffle Sleeve Top - J.Crew - $45
Uniqlo- Creped White Skirt- $19.90
Speakup Pointed Toe Flats - Nine West - $49.99–79


Try ruffles around the sleeve if you are not sure about how ruffles would look on your bust or torso.
This is something I am interested in trying since I am plus size!

Ruffles around the hem of a blouse is also flattering for those with a curvy top.

Vertical ruffles are also great for women if this body type.




3. Use simple accessories 


Spring Trends Ruffle Top
Outfit Details
Jolie Moi Metallic Skirt 
Miss Selfridge Blue Scratchy Tote Bag


Also a simple shoe is perfect with any ruffled piece because it allows the ruffles to be the statement item.



4. How to update a pencil skirt with a ruffle top




Ruffled Blouse and Pencil Skirt

Outfit Details 
MANGO Ruffled Sleeve Blouse • MANGO • $49.99
Ponte pencil skirt • Gap • $42
Black Camile Platform Sandal • Bamboo • $21.99

A ruffle top adds femininity and fun to pencil skirt.
A ruffle top also looks good with a pencil skirt because it adds structure to your look as well.








How do you feel about ruffled fashion?

Do you like it? 


If so below is more Ruffled Fashion you may like! 











Linked with: 
Rosy Outlook Blog
Pumps and Pushups
Tucker Up
Classy Yet Trendy
Get Your Pretty On
Pumps and Pushups
Jersey Girl Texan Heart
A Labour of Life
Elegance and Mommyhood
The Red Closet Diary
High Latitude Style
Living on Cloud Nine
The Perfect Storm Bff
Curly Crafty Mom
Color and Grace
Living in Color Blog
Claire Justine OXOX
My Girlish Whims




Ruffled Fashion

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing :)

    https://tiateilli.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ruffles in my skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to the Top of the World Style party.

    ReplyDelete

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!