Sunday, October 22, 2017

How to Keep Yourself from Burning Out





What I am Wearing

Nine West v neck ruffle top similar  similar
Forever 21 Necklace Similar
Catos Fashion Bracelet Set Similar
Orange Skirt similar
Kenneth Cole Similar
Nine West Pointed Toe Heels similar



I really put this look together at the least minute because I have been doing so much I really did not get a chance to prep before doing this post. But somehow it all worked out when I added this ruffle top with a skirt my sister gave me. I even got a few compliments on it. Which was surprising considered I did not put that much thought into. I actually did even think I would be able to this post.







For the past few weeks, I have really been busy. Not only with school but work, church, family, blogging. I had too many obligations that caused me to actually to be behind on some things. I also forgot some important tasks I was supposed to do for work. I knew then that I was taking on too much and I beginning to feel burned out. I knew that I needed to do something before I really did become burned out. So I have come up with a few solutions to prevent that from happening.











 Ask for Help


When I had a paper due and I needed someone to read it I asked my older sister who is was an English major to read over it. I am glad I did because she also got her husband who is in journalism to read over it. If I had tried to do it all on my own I probably would not have gotten the paper turned in on time. I also had to ask family and friends to do an assessment this week and they did it without any complaining. Learn how to ask for help because there are people who are willing to do it.






Be Organized

One thing that messed me up was the fact I really did not prepare for some things. If I had been organized I would have to spend so much time looking for things instead of just doing them. I learned that not only should have set place for things but that I should have a calendar for events. I now put my due dates for things in my cell phone. This allows getting messages in my email and on my electronic device. 




Learn to Say No









There were somethings I could have cut out but I felt obligated to be involved. I did not want to let people down. I also did not want to be judged for not being faithful to them. But I realized if I want to take care of myself there are sometimes I will have to tell them no. You will sometimes have to do the same if you do not want to be overworked. If they do not accept your no then they were probably just using you. The last thing you need in your life is someone that is going to take advantage of you.








Learn to take breaks 






When you have a lot to do it may seem impossible to take a break. But that is the best thing for you do especially if you are getting distracted. Just step away from your work and take a little break. Once you take that break you will be able to get back to work focused and hopefully refreshed.




Learn to prioritize









I made the mistake of not prioritizing things. I mean do we really need to spend three hours watching Monk or Poldark? Especially when I know I have the assignment to do. Put things that are important first. Things that take longer should be done first. Also, things that are due soon should also take priority.



















How do you deal with burn out?




Linked with: 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!