Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tricks for Wearing a Turtleneck Sweater and Dr. Scholl's Boots





My Outfit Details:

Merona Turtleneck: SimilarSimilar in Petite
HM Pleated Skirt: Similar (Only Available in black), Similar
Cato's Fashion Pearl Bracelet Set: Similar
Dr. Scholl's Boots: Here,  Similar


I normally don't like wearing turtlenecks. I really don't know why but I guess it seems so basic. So I decided to do something different. I wore it with my favorite tulle pleated skirt which is anything but boring. The blush pink skirt looks lovely with the black and white turtleneck. But there are other ways to style a turtleneck sweater.








Layer it up with a vest! 





Vest borrowed from Mom, Similar. Similar (Plus size)



This was a last minute touch! I borrowed it from my mom and I thought it really made the turtleneck look better. I also like how it adds dimension and take give me more of waistline.






Wear with another button up blouse 





You can add another texture of your look if you put it with your favorite button down over or under it. 



Wear it with a velvet skirt 




A plain turtleneck would look lovely with a velvet skirt. 


Wear it with a pattern cape



A pattern cape would look excellent over with your turtleneck. Lupita Nyong'o is a great example of how to pull it off.




Dr. Scholl's Boots 


These are the Boots I got from Macy's when they were having their Columbus Day Sale. The boot is called Beckoned Booties and it is from Dr. Scholl's. I know those boots do have kind of sounds strange name but I love how it looks. I also love how it has memory foam and it has zippers on just one side of each boot. Sometimes I forget to zip boots that have zippers on both sides. It cost $57 and I received free shipping. The price has gone back up to $95. Bummer, right?! It is also available in brown.  There is a pair of boots that are $15 cheaper (here). I am wearing a 9 1/2 M and it fits very well. It is not too tight or too big. I would, however, recommend wearing tights or leggings so you won't get any of those marks around your ankles. 







Linked with:



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is inspiring and uplifting blog, if your ideas does not encorage or inspire please do not comment!